Water chestnut/SingharaKhushk is also known as TrapaNatans. It is a aquatic vegetable that is grown on marshes, ponds, and seasonal and perennial lakes. This vegetable is native to China and is quite common in Chinese household.
The crunchy texture and fresh mild flavour of this aquatic water chestnut is so unique that even its crunchiness remain same after it is being cooked or canned.
Besides their crunchy texture and sweet mild flavour, water chestnuts contains remarkable nutritional value and have excellent medicinal benefits.
Benefits of Dried Water Chestnut :
- Water chestnut are so beneficial for treatment of jaundice.
- They are low in calories so control the fat of body.
- They are so effective in treating different urine infections.
- Containing useful minerals they help in maintaining proper functioning of the thyroid gland.
- The extracts of the water chestnut is effective in curing the disorders of nausea and .
- Water chestnuts are just perfect to beat the scorching heat of the summers.
- Chestnuts purify the blood by removing toxins from the body.
- Water chestnuts are effective in treating conditions like measles.
There are no reviews yet.